help - applying patches to kernel source

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Sat Nov 4 17:22:12 CET 2000

patch -p 0 < /usr/src/lowlatency-2.2.16-A0

One note - this may or may not work well with kernel sources provided by a
distribution.  RedHat in particularly doesn't distribute the standard
sources but rather just the architecture specific portions +
patches.  Getting clean sources from ftp.kernel.org may be necessary.

Karl

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Michael Lechasseur wrote:

> 	I could use a hand applying a patch to the kernel source.  I'm attempting
> to apply the "low-latency" patch.
> (http://people.redhat.com/mingo/lowlatency-patches/)
>
> 	I have the kernel source in /usr/src/linux and the patch at
> /usr/src/lowlatency-2.2.16-A0
>
> 	I've been typing various mutations of
>
> 	cd /usr/src/linux
> 	patch /usr/src/lowlatency-2.2.16-A0 -p0

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |