win95 midi trouble

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sat Nov 11 17:24:14 CET 2000

Hello again,

I investigated this a little further and found that

1. There is no need to even turn dsp on.  Midi gets stuck,
   for example, if there is some printout comming from Pd
   simultaneously with `too fast' midi input.  The very
   simple test patch is included as an attachment.

2. The same machine under Linux/OSS runs the same test patch
   perfectly.  I can not check midi with audio under Linux
   since OSS does not support Prodif+ card.

Given all that I assume it is windows midi driver to blame
but I would have been more certain if this machine had given
me any midi problems in Cubase, which it never had.

3. After digging in the sources I found a very useful `pd audio'
  message.  It performs exactly the midi reset action I queried
  for in my previous post, so I included this message in the
  test patch.  It is applicable only in windows (i.e. where
  it is really needed :).

Thank you very much for your patience.

  Krzysztof