PD symbols with funny characters

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Mon Dec 4 21:22:01 CET 2000

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Yep, spaces are hard to get into symbols...  I'm thinking someday about
> allowing symbols within quotes like "this symbol has 4 spaces" but I think
> there are more urgent problems for me to face (like latency in Windows).

Do you have an idea about how to handle the latency problem in Windows?
I know that they claim that the drivers/schedular can handle 5ms latency
(for DirectX) but this requires circumventing the 'kmixer', which
essentially means using a driver specific work around.  Do you know of a
more standard way to do this?

Karl

> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 07:24:44PM +0100, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Andrew Archibald wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > Hi too
> >
> > > Can I, in PD, construct symbols that have spaces in them?  For
> > > example, can I construct a message whose fields are "control",
> > > "Frequency (Hz)", and "7"?

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |