plugin~ crashes on free

Andrew Archibald archibal at scylla.math.mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 4 21:27:16 CET 2000

Hi,

I am attempting to use the plugin~ object to load LLADSPA plugins.
Unfortunately, it crashes every time PD attempts too free it.  Through
a suitable application of printfs, it seems each object gets the
"free" function (plugin_tilde_free) called twice.  Naturally, this
causes a crash.

Is there some documentation on the PD externals interface?  All I have
found are some examples, which do not allow me to determine why a free
function might get called on the same object more than once...

Thanks,
Andrew