plugin~ crashes on free

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Tue Dec 5 15:51:17 CET 2000

Andrew Archibald writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am attempting to use the plugin~ object to load LLADSPA plugins.
 > Unfortunately, it crashes every time PD attempts too free it.  Through
 > a suitable application of printfs, it seems each object gets the
 > "free" function (plugin_tilde_free) called twice.  Naturally, this
 > causes a crash.
 >
 > Is there some documentation on the PD externals interface?  All I have
 > found are some examples, which do not allow me to determine why a free
 > function might get called on the same object more than once...

sounds funny after all, programming externals is sometimes tricky,
because the compiler doesn't tell you that much about mistakes you
made.
Especially if you use dynamic number of signal channels and the like.
Just a guess, I think debugging it may be a little bit of work,
but it is definitely worth it.

Guenter