Latency in Windows (was Re: PD symbols with funny characters)

Alessandro Fogar sfogar at libero.it
Tue Dec 5 23:06:03 CET 2000

I think that the way to go for professional audio in Windows is Steinberg
ASIO.

DirectX is for multimedia and games, not professional audio.

The RME for example has very good ASIO drivers but no DirectX direct drivers
(you can see it under DirectX with 'emulated drivers').

But I don't know how we can then distribute the sources of the application
which uses the ASIO Api sdk.

Bye

Alessandro Fogar