plugin~ crashes on free

Andrew Archibald archibal at scylla.math.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 6 01:08:27 CET 2000

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 09:33:25AM -0800, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One thing this might be: in your "free" callback you shouldn't call
> pd_free -- it's the other way around, pd_free() calls your "freeing"
> function before it deletes the object.

Thank you.  That appears to be the problem.  In fact, I think this
solves a problem that someone posted about a month or two ago;
creation of plugin~ objects fails gracefully now if the name of the
plugin is not provided.

Is it safe to call free() on an object constructed with pd_new?
If not, how should I arrange for an object to be deleted if the
constructor fails?

If anyone is interested, I can post my (small) patches to plugin~ once
I've tested it a little better.

Thanks,
Andrew