More MIDI, Spectral composition tool

2135 joergen at po.ia.dk
Fri Dec 8 13:32:14 CET 2000

Dear pd folks!

In old times with MAX I very often used the midi recorder object to get
structures written into a MIDi Standard File, to get them into Finale to
make instrumental music. Could somebody write a small MIDI recorder?

The system exclusive messages were also very usefull in a lot of cases -
sending via MIDIOUT - I hope this will be in pd as well, soon.

I have worked with the Fiddle object lately, and I wonder how one could use
this object or some other object as a tool for spectral composition. The
idea would be to get some output - like say a MIDI file, that told me about
partials, theíertime and frequency. Maybe the partial tracker should do the
job, but I don't know how.

Could somebody out there help me?