ALSA sequencer

Matt Gerassimoff mgeras at telocity.com
Wed Jan 10 19:52:08 CET 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Tom Schouten wrote:

> hi,
>
> does anybody know of an interface to the alsa sequencer for pd? what i am
> trying to do is to send midi note messages to my internal wavetable card
> (sblive) and to receive midi note messages in pd from a sequencer.

I looked at the source for pd and it doesn't seem to be that difficult to
do.  I would do it if someone else isn't already.  I would like to have
that capability as well.  It might required another command line option
for -alsamidi so you can use Alsa in emulation mode for the other things
because it seems to work best (for the audio portion that is).

Matt