Plugin~

Andrew Archibald archibal at scylla.math.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 18 23:48:41 CET 2001

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:42:58PM +0100, Linium wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> I would like to know if there are some good news about the plugin~ object.
> New ladspa plugins are available ( http://plugin.org.uk/faq.php )
> and I would be very happy to use them in my works with PD.

I have tried it a few times, and it seems unreliable (at best).  There
are some issues with the code as distributed that cause it to crash
whenever errors occur or a plugin~ object is deleted.  I have code to
fix these problems.  However, on some (but not all) LADSPA plugins I
appear to consistently get zero output, regardless of input.

If you are interested, I can send you thefixes to the crashing
problem.

> I am ready to test any patch.

Let me know what you experience.  I recommend getting another LADSPA
gizmo (LadspaToy?)  to test the LADSPA plugins before attmepting to
debug them with plugin~.

good luck,
Andrew