Plugin~

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Fri Jan 19 12:11:55 CET 2001

Le Thu, 18 Jan 2001, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:42:58PM +0100, Linium wrote:

> I have tried it a few times, and it seems unreliable (at best).  There
> are some issues with the code as distributed that cause it to crash
> whenever errors occur or a plugin~ object is deleted.  I have code to
> fix these problems.  However, on some (but not all) LADSPA plugins I
> appear to consistently get zero output, regardless of input.

Yes version 0.1 crashs when you close a patch or delete the object.

Could you please send me your fixes ?

For the other concern, the silent plugins, it is the case with the freeverb.
Some of the paramaters of this plugins contains a "space" character.
(Wet Level and Dry Level)
Do the plugins that you found to be silent contain space character in their
parameters ?
It seems that plugin~ object use "space" to separate the parameter from its
value. It understands that "Level" is the value of "Wet", for instance.

In the archive of the list someone proposed a solution to send the parameters
using "makefilename". I don't know if it works nor if it is the real cause of
the silent plugins but it might.

Best regards,

Linium