[GEM] pix_vid troubles

joreg at gmx.at joreg at gmx.at
Wed Jan 24 10:00:35 CET 2001

u> 3. make a new pd-patch and save it as "nop.pd"
thanks. this worked for my first question.
u> clicking on the upper-left corner will destroy this window.
thanks for this.
u> gemwin (possibly with no borders, at least under Win)
and even more for that.

u> if your screen becomes blue with white letters on it, this looks somehow
u> like a your video in. make sure you have a camera connected to your
u> capture card.
ah..sorry for my bad expression. i was speaking of the
microsoft-specific blue screen.

u> how did you manage to make pix_rtx work if pix_video crashes all the
u> time ?
i didn't get pix_rtx to work. pix_video still crashes my pd and
sometimes even the system. is anybody else experiencing this problem
under win2000? (even taking care of the power of 2 thing doesn't help.
pix_draw doesn't work either)
creating a pix_video object i get a "connected..." message. as soon as
i turn the renderer on, pd dies. i also wonder if it is correct that i
get no new "connected at..." message after sending a "dimen .."
message to the pix_vid?
iohannes what system do you run?

(my videosource is one of those hauppauge wintv/pci boards with the
latest drivers installed)

another error:
i'm using the latest 0.32 patch version and when i leave pd i always
get the following error:
GEM: pd.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x02eda4dd" referenced memory at "0x02f11e94".
The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program [OK]
bug or feature? (0.32 didn't have that)

alles,
joreg.
[wannabe]