inverse operators

pix at test.at pix at test.at
Wed Jan 24 22:10:32 CET 2001

I fear everyone might respond to this, but here is my solution anyhow:

you use a trigger, first to send x into the right argument of a "/"
object, and then bang a "1" message object, which is connected to the hot
(left) inlet of the "/" object.

here it is as a patch:

#N canvas 510 175 450 300 10;
#X floatatom 24 23 4 0 0;
#X obj 24 55 t b f;
#X msg 24 87 1;
#X obj 36 119 /;
#X floatatom 36 155 4 0 0;
#X connect 0 0 1 0;
#X connect 1 0 2 0;
#X connect 1 1 3 1;
#X connect 2 0 3 0;
#X connect 3 0 4 0;

it's possible that a "f 1" object would be more efficient than a
"1" message object, but i'm not sure about the internals. miller?

pix.