adc latencies ?

CK x at lo-res.org
Thu Feb 1 13:25:59 CET 2001

hi,

though I never meant to, I recently experimented with gem and line in to
generate visuals driven by third party sounds, and there is a significant
lag between it.

I'm using pd/gem on debian 2.4 kernel awe32 or 64 .. hmm dunno and oss
drivers.

BTW I tried the obvious i.e. running as root -rt, remove all the debugging
purpose gui stuff, decreased sampling rate to 22050, -nodac-nomidi, using
twm and killing everything down to && syslog
didn't check out this isa dma memory allocation on boot stuff yet ...

any hints  ?

lg

chris at lo-res.org					We put the 'fun' in
http://pilot.fm/					fundamentalist !!!