Disabling opened patches?

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Wed Feb 7 06:25:04 CET 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Marc [iso-8859-1] Lavallée wrote:

> Iain Mott a écrit :
>
> > hi if it's a signal related patch, include a "switch~" object
> > in the patch. Send a "0" to it to switch it off and a "1" to
> > switch it back on.
>
> Where is it documented? It seems to work, but does its action applies to
> the patches within the patch where I put the switch~ object?

It is not documented as far as I know (there are some comments in the code
where it is implemented, but I don't think that is what you were asking
for).  It will apply to all subpatches.  It is the same mechanism as
block~ and basically allows you to selectively run portions of the signal
graph.

Karl

> --
> Marc Lavallée

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |