pd_guibox

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at peabody.jhu.edu
Sun Feb 11 02:17:18 CET 2001

If the pygtk bindings are working (you can test them with the examples
that come with the pygtk distribution) then two things to try are:

1.) whether you're starting PD from pd/bin. The python scripts
(sliderbox.py, buttonbox.py, togglebox.py) need to be in the same
directory where you start pd from. Make puts them in pd/bin by default,
but you can move them or probably just add them to your path.

2.) whether the port actually is already in use (probably not).  I think
the example patches use 2000, 2001, and 2002.  You can try creating a
patch of your own with an object "sliderbox 1 port_no" where port_no is
some port not in use.

Hope this helps!

--