Pro Tools and pd

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Tue Feb 13 21:27:51 CET 2001

Hi Jørgen,

you could try to tell pd which wave devices to use to find out what's
going on.

At first you should start 'pd -listdev -nosound' to tell pd to run
without sound. You'll get a list of wave devices available.
Second, try 'pd -soundoutdev x -soundindev x' where x is the number of
the wave device you find in the list output by pd. Maybe there is just
one device that makes trouble.

Tip: Windows uses one wave device as standard output device. It is set
in start -> settings -> controlpannel -> multimedia and used for
'normal' sound output. If you don't have an extra sound card, Windows
uses probably a port of protools...

good luck

Olaf