gem, sporb

jfm3 jfm3 at mortmain.com
Fri Feb 16 23:20:46 CET 2001

I see [GEM] in some old subject lines.  Is there a gem user/dev mailing
list?  I can't tell because of the way the mail is archived.

I have gem-0.84-2.  It is a bear to compile under Linux.  Is there
anything more recent?  I want to make sure before I start digging.

I wrote a pd abstraction for using the spaceorb when it is attached to js0
using jsattach and recent joystick drivers.  Is the spaceorb external in
GEM better/faster/more desireable?  Is it cool to post .pd files here?

When I make abstractions with lots of inlets or outlets, they all bleed
together.  I have to put spurious text in the object to get the box wider;
for example, not "sporb" but "sporb sporb sporb sporb sporb".  Is there a
better way to do this?

Has anyone yet tried using the GTK+ Tcl/Tk bindings with pd yet?  They are
still beta, but pd seems to have limited requirements of the graphics
library.  I think that pd only uses tcl as a graphics drawing language,
and not as a general extension language (like jMax).  Is that right?

I am like a small child with so many questions.  Pd keeps me awake at
night.  Thank you all.

(jfm3)