Help needed for compiling ggee in NT

Ivica Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Sat Feb 24 01:30:02 CET 2001

Hi fellow Pd users! I am right now in a process of compiling the NT version
of ggee, but since I am a complete troll when it comes to compiling anything
on win32 platform, I would greatly appreciate if I could get some help from
ya! I am using Visual Studio 6, and have registered nmake and all that stuff
so that I can use it on the command-line. Once I did that, I had to change
makefiles so that they reflect the right path to the libs folder and then
had to manually copy files from the ./ggee/include folder into every folder
with sources, since for some reason the Windoze could not figure out the
path to that include dir (and I did not feel like editing the makefiles once
more). With all this being done, I ran the build.bat file in the ggee
directory and that compiled some of the dll's but there are still many that
report strange errors (i.e. Slider has a reference to a unresolved external
symbol hslider_setup). Obviously, there are other errors as well. So my
question(s) are as follows:

Am I supposed to use Microsoft's nmake (my assumption is that I am since the
makefile reflects that)? What do I need to do in order to fix these errors?

Is there anyone else out there using ggee on NT platform and if so, is there
any way I can obtain either detailed install instructions or possibly
already compiled dll's?

Is it possible to use only some of the objects from this release or is the
whole release inter-depndent (so for instance if I decide to use only
objects that have successfully compiled)? If so what do I need to do?

Sorry for such extensive list of questions :-(. I am pretty NT illiterate
when it comes to compiling (this is my first attempt at it :-). Any help
would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely,

Ivica Bukvic, composer
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/
Http://bukvicrh.dyndns.org/ico/
Ico at fuse.net