writing pd addons?

nullpointer nullpointer at odessadesign.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 20:04:16 CET 2001

Hi All,

I'm running PD on win 95 and all is fine (cept my multichannel output but
thats another story)
I want to know how easy it would be to write a set of pd objects to deal
with screen output using my own routines.. similar to what gem does but
mouch simpler...(just 2d draw stuff)
I am a reasonably experienced C(++) Coder and i'm using MS Visual C++ 5. I'm
not sure where to start though.. I've examined the Gem code. but to be
honest it's just too huge for me to get my head around it, I need to be able
to start off by creating a really simple library of a few objects that i can
use to commmunicate from pd to my own screen display routines..
(its more the management of the system ,i.e should i be making dlls or what
and how do I link with the pd librarys.. m_pd.h? e.t.c. If anyone had a bare
bones example they could show me I would be most appreciative.
Can anyone help....?

Thanks

Tom
C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
C:\REM [Header]
C:\>
C:\>PATH=C:\PERL\BIN;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;\C:jdk1.2.2\bin

http://www.nullpointer.co.uk
(all suffixes enabled)