Fw: writing pd addons?

Ricardo Climent R.CLIMENT at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Tue Mar 6 15:36:33 CET 2001

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:01:42 -0000 nullpointer
<nullpointer at odessadesign.co.uk> wrote:

# Hi all
# >I got zexy and I can see how it works to create a dll
# >however if i try and compile the library against m_pd.h pd.lib I get an
# >error. I've read that this is because pd is compiled with
vc(ms visual c++) 6 and
# >I'm using vc 5.
# >(in millers notes, it says that the binarys are compatible but the compile
# >will not work with two (5 and 6) versions for src and library)
# >I've tried to recompile pd within visual 5 but neither the makefile or a
# >workspace will compile.. I get tons of errors and tcl stuff tooo...
# >Can anyone help?
# >
# >Tom
-------
Hi Tom.   Thanks to the Etan Fisher I'll tryed as follows, using
the VC6++ compiler and it seems to work alright:

1) Type on the shell where is your nmake executable:
                  path=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin

2)Modify on zexy's makefile where to find the pd.lib on your HD.
		(Not sure now if one \ or two \\)

# ----------------------- NT -----------------------
.
.
.
PDNTCFLAGS = /W3 /WX /DNT /DPD /nologo
VC="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Vc98"
.
.
.
	$(PDNTLDIR)\kernel32.lib \
	D:\\pd\\bin\\pd.lib 		<<<<---HERE

.c.dll:
	cl $(PDNTCFLAGS) $(PDNTINCLUDE) /c $*.c
	link /dll /export:$*_setup $*.obj $(PDNTLIB)
------
3) If the compiler cannot find the library mspdb60.dll
then copy it from somewhere else on your hard disk to
the directory where nmake lives.

good luck,

I haven't seen zexy's makefile although...

Ricardo.

Ricardo Climent