some externalernals

Iain Mott iain.mott at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 7 22:38:22 CET 2001

Yes indeed - but as a slightly more realistic suggestion, Postgres can be
used as a means of finding matching sounds. Eg. If recorded sounds are
analysed for features such as pitch envelope, centroid envelope, duration
etc - and this data is placed in tables, one can find "matches" for new
sound fragments by searching for files in the database with best fitting
characteristic (ie. run searches on the basis of the least error).

Cheers, iain