Gem segfault

pix at test.at pix at test.at
Thu Mar 22 00:11:56 CET 2001

Hey, I 'fixed' this problem (for me at least) by upgrading my NVidia
driver. It also seems to have fixed another bug I was experiencing in
which closing a patch that still had an open data subpatch would kill PD.

If anyone is interested I'm running Debian unstable, with XFree86 4.0.2-1,
the NVidia drivers 0.9-769 (Riva TNT2 card), PD 0.32p1
(Miller's version) and GEM 0.84 (Guenter's linux version). Oh, and kernel
2.2.18.

Previously I was running the 0.9-5 NVidia drivers, and that seemed to be
causing both problems (which makes some sense since they were both
graphic-related).

So, the code is in the clear! :)

Maybe now I can look into doing something interesting with GEM. Did anyone
come up with any cluey ideas for getting performable video output from a
PC/Linux situation?

pix.