.pdrc in Win2k?

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Fri Mar 23 17:18:51 CET 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, uta wrote:
> > I'm putting the .pdrc file in \Documents and Settings\Administrator
> > (which is my current login) because I'm pretty sure that's considered
> > the "home" in 2000.
>
> I don't know about the .pdrc file but Pd cannot read folders

I don't think the .pdrc mechanism was ever "ported" to windows, as of my
knowing it is just not part of it. Wouldn't be hard to put it in, though.

> that contains spaces (and japanese characters in
> a japanese environment) in their folder name,like "Documents and
> Settings".
> Is this a limitation of current tcl/tk or something?

No, its a limitation of pd's symbol parser, which means, within pd (not
for the startup file mechanism) filenames are symbols, and symbols with
spaces in them just don't exist. I do vote for a more sophisticated symbol
parsing algorithm, but then there has to be anyone who is implementing it.

Guenter