Laptop setups?

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at peabody.jhu.edu
Thu Apr 12 16:08:43 CEST 2001

I've been using a Toshiba Satelite 2105CDS, running linux.  I actually
_don't_ recommend this laptop for linux.  I have had serious trouble
getting the sound hardware (Maestro 2E) to record without distortion, and
I have given up trying to resolve this.  I do, however, recommend the
Swissonic Studio D USB audio interface.  Works for linux, and fine for PD.
Just make sure you set the number of frags (1 is ok).

--