Laptop setups?

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at peabody.jhu.edu
Mon Apr 16 23:29:30 CEST 2001

Yes, everything else works fine.  I think toshiba is generally pretty good
with Linux.  There is a whole host of Toshiba laptop specific utilities
for linux (APM, special toshiba keys, fan control, etc.) There's also a
driver for the winmodem. Getting X to work right took a little effort, but
doesn't it always.

The Swissonic doesn't have midi, but my suggestion for that is to use a
serial midi device. There's an ALSA driver, but also a great kernel patch
that works even better
(http://crystal.apana.org.au/~ghansper/MidiAxis.html#MIDIdriver).

Latency is not a problem.  I finally got around to actually testing it and
I've measured total adc-dac latency with PD in the range of 26-30ms,
including the audio buffer.  I am also using the Andrew Morton 2.4.1
low-latency kernel patch.

 --