[PD] ::: ZEXY 0.8_2 ::: msgfile (again...) :::

stm_sq^n stm_sq^n at bleu255.com
Sat Apr 28 06:06:41 CEST 2001

hi all
hi IOhannes

the msgfile in ZEXY 0.8_2 now works (the lister.pd still crashes)
but it seems there is a problem with the way it makes free the files
it uses for other processes ...

::: and now an attempt for me to explain myself ^_^ :::

i use an external app wich creates and writes files every 10-50
seconds and PD reads the data in those files every 20 seconds
(textfile), it works very fine (i should expect access violations one
day but actually i haver never seen any)

the problem is: i would like to use msgfile because it has some
interresting features, but it seems to not close the file after
reading in it (access violations popup, then everything freeze).
and the most strange is that i've looked at your source code with a friend
(my coding knowledges are terribly poor ...) and there are close file
functions for every operations msgfile can do ... so ...

what's wrong ?
any clue ?

thank you

a Zexy fan

Win2kSP1+PD0.32_5+GEM0.84+ZEXY08_2+my cat (...)