lists vs. anything? Re: [PD] trigger

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Apr 29 00:48:25 CEST 2001

Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:

> hi miller, hi list !
>
> why has the "trigger" object no method for anythings ? is this due to
> historical reasons ?
> it is quite annoying to have to convert all anythings to lists and than
> "route list" them back to anythings again, if you want to force a special
> sequencing for anything-messages.
>
> i would suggest
> =--------
> |t b a a|
> =---=---=
> or something like that.
>
> (maybe no one ever needed this, but it would make things much easier with
> my matrices)
>
> mfg.dsa.sdart
> IOhannes

Yeah, me too :-). I had attempted to simplify the interconnections in a
group of patches, by packaging things up into messages, but I found that
"trigger" didn't work when fed a message (list?).

Also, I'm quite completely, absolutely, insanely confused as to the
difference between lists and anythings.

Can someone please explain the PD message concept to me (lists,
messages, anythings), so that I can get to sleep at night without the
men in uniforms having to come in and inject me with all that nasty
stuff which they say will calm me down but I don't beleive it will and
I'm sorry but I'm getting kind of tired and ...

Larry