[PD] help for a newbie

jfm3 jfm3 at mortmain.com
Tue May 1 17:10:04 CEST 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, [iso-8859-1] booey chewy wrote:

> Hi, I have toyed with this a few times, read the
> documentation a few times etc.
> I have tried some of the comand propmts to try and
> figure out if anything works
> but none of them were found.

I don't know what this means.  Do you mean you tried running pd with
different command line arguments?  Which are you trying to use?

> My soundcard outputs
> tones (with glitches) when I
> do the test.

What computer are you using?  What operating system?  What sound card?

> basically how do I make a basic patch on
> this, how do I know if it
> is working. Is there any website that lays it down for
> a beginner, other than
> Miller's site?

The "Pure Documentation" under the Help menu forms an excellent
tutorial.  I had never worked with MAX before I came to Pd and learned
everything I needed from the Tutorial, the documentation, and this mailing
list.  Now I scare even NATO users.

(jfm3)