[PD] a mailinglist about the use of Pd ?

Nicolas Lhommet nlhommet at netcourrier.com
Tue May 1 19:56:35 CEST 2001

Olaf Matthes wrote

Norbert Math wrote :
> miller once had the idea to make a web site which collects informations
> about projects which use pd. shall i start such a thing?
> i would really like to know what you all are using pd for...

Yes, that could be great. I'm still a Pd newbie, and i'm making equalizers,
or samplers, for training. And I'm always thinking "It would be nice to get
a lot of examples from the different users, and i'm sure someone else has
done this or that before". It's nice to re-invent the wheel, it helps you to
understand better, but sometimes, I would like to go on an website, click on
"users/generic/reverbs" and find fifty differents reverb patches, with a
little description of each patch and the mail adress to contact the person.
Or "external/control" to find an external for joystick control. The Pure
Data Base is a search engine so you can't easily access to the whole list of
files with arborescence.

A website which collects informations about a lot of projects, with patches
(even buggy), would be nice. And why not : collected informations about
specific soundcard/system, like "I got a Soundblaster AWE64 with Redhat 6.2,
I got glitches, but with options "- frags 5 -fragsize 11" and OSS drivers,
it's allright". And a big links page with different sections : projects,
external, sound drivers, useful signal theory, ...

Yes, we got Miller's page, pure-data.org, iem.kug.ac.at/pd/, Guenther
Geiger's links page, but I think it could be a good idea to centralize this
a bit more, and we should try to find the best way to share our knowledge
about Pd.

Nicolas Lhommet