[PD] gem blocks tablet

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu May 3 22:46:38 CEST 2001

Hi Mark,

the problem is that I _want_ to use it because I need a pointing device that is
capable of transmitting 3 different kinds of information (x,y,pressure) with one
hand. Thats why I connected it to my computer, to use it with the gemtablet
object...

So my problem is not to switch it off but to get it to work with gem...  ;-)

I did a small test: When I start photoshop (or any other programm that is
capable of using a tablet) and the tablet is _not_ connected to the computer, I
allways get _two_ (identical) error messages reporting an error in WinTab.dll.
When I start gem I just get _one_ error message (saying the same).
Usually I can use the tablet and the mouse together, gem just blocks the tablet
(there is no reaction when moving the pen), the mouse still works...

Olaf