[PD] PD GUI was: Hello!

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Mon May 7 14:08:46 CEST 2001

Hi,

Recently I have toyed around with Karl's gtk gui, and it is indeed
not too far from being a replacement for the tcl/tk gui, but just changing
the widget set doesn't really make up a new gui.

 Therefore it would be necessary to design a new client server interface
for the gui within pd.

This is definitely doable, if you know your way around in the pd sources,
and what is more important should be done as an extension to the existing
tcl interface.

 Miller would certainly accept a solution like this to be added to
pd.

... there is one thing left to really think about, which is the new
data visualization, array drawing and the like, which might not be that
easy to be cleanly seperated from pd's core code ...

Well, I currently don't have the possibility to put time in such a
project, so I decided to fill in the last gap's in Karl's gtk++ gui.

Guenter