[PD] Audio I/O stuck

Timothy Rolls trolls at binghamton.edu
Sat May 12 02:39:03 CEST 2001

Hi list,
    I have been using PD for a couple weeks now and I have a recurring
problem that is really annoying. When I try to use audio, after a little
while I get a message "Audio I/O stuck...closing audio and midi." Then, of
course, I can't use and audio or midi without restarting the machine. Then
it usually works for a while. I have tried setting the audio buffer to max
(580) and it seems to help. But the last 2 days it has been getting worse. I
am using a PII 400 with 256 MB RAM and Windows ME. I am using a Echo Mia for
audio. Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards,
Tim
Timothy Rolls, D.M.A.