[PD] Audio I/O stuck

pix pix at test.at
Sat May 12 02:47:25 CEST 2001

try using frags instead of audiobuf to set the buffering of audio, eg:

pd -frags 5

this has always worked for me when i have run into the same problem on different machines/soundcards, as it depends on how your soundcard behaves. you can play around with the number of frags. generally, the higher the number, the fewer audio dropouts you will get from transient spikes in the cpu usage, but it also increases the latency.. so you need to find a happy medium.... eg, the lowest number with no/few dropouts.

pix.