[PD] How to compile pd? Is there a .rpm for suse 7.1?

swsw swswws alfonso_acosta_mail at yahoo.es
Sat May 12 17:21:29 CEST 2001

Hi
I downloaded pd today and I followed everything wich
was said in the manual to install it but  doesnt work
anyway. I have suse 7.1 professional runing in my Pc
and I think my problem is that I dont know how to
compile pd. Ive tried the the .rpms but they dont
work. Is there a rpm file for suse???????

The error I get in my bash shell is the following one:

* fons at linux:~ > pd
*Pd: system call timed out
*/dev/dsp (read/write): Llamada al sistema
*interrumpida
*continuing without audio
*error: failed to open MIDI ports; continuing without
*MIDI.
*/home/fons/pd/bin/pd-gui: error while loading shared
*libraries: libtk.so: cannot open shared object file:
*No such file or director

Thanks
Alfonso Acosta