[PD] Problems compiling: How to install TK? (tk.h doesn't exist)

Alfonso Acosta alfonso_acosta_mail at yahoo.es
Sat May 12 19:46:45 CEST 2001

Ive compiled pd with make in the ~/pd/src directory
but I recieve the following error:

* root at linux:/home/fons/pd/src > make
*cc  -DPD -DUNIX -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W
*-Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -Wno-unused
*-Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -O2 -funroll-loops
*-fomit-frame-pointer  -DHAVE_ALSA -DHAVE_RME
*-DINSTALL_PREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -I. -c -o
*../obj/t_main.o t_main.c
*t_main.c:16: tk.h: No existe el fichero o el
*directorio
*make: *** [t_main.o] Error 1

It means the file tk.h doesnt exist

When I try to run pd I recieve the following message:

* fons at linux:~ > pd
*Pd: system call timed out
*/dev/dsp (read/write): Llamada al sistema
*interrumpida
*continuing without audio
*error: failed to open MIDI ports; continuing without
*MIDI./home/fons/pd/bin/pd-gui: error while loading
shared libraries: libtk.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

I thougt I had TK installed because when I runned wish
an x window appeared. I think my problem is I have to
install TK. Where can I find it? and What's the name
of the package? I work with suse 7.1 and I'm quite
sure that, if TK is an important package I should find
it in one of the 6 cd's but I've searched it I don't
manage to find it.

Thanks:

Alfonso Acosta