[PD] midi syncro

HENRY Damien damien_henry at libertysurf.fr
Sun May 13 22:12:58 CEST 2001

Hi Miller, Hi list.

When I send many midi event with noteon spaced like this :

!        !        !        !        !        !        !        !        !
!

I get something like this :

!            !    !            !    !            !    !            !    !
!

it's not a ramdom jiter, it's like an interference phenomena.
Like if the regular rythme was modulated by an other.
I've tried to generate an audio sound based on the same rythme, and this one
is very regular : the jiter apear only on the midi output.
I've play with -audiobuf without any good results... With 5ms, the midi
rythme is 2 time slower than with 500ms or without using the -audiobuf flag.
(I don't understand why)

1) If too many event arrive in the same time to a noteon object, does PD
"decide" to schedule some for later ?

2 )Are MAXBUFFER and DEFBUFFER in the s_nt.c code file linked to midi
timming ?
Do you think that playing with this king of buffer can solve my problem ?

Thanks for your answer and help.

dh.