[PD] midi syncro

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon May 14 00:17:25 CEST 2001

Hmm,

I don't know the answers to any of this, except that, for the second
question, notein just asks the OS to get the MIDI out as fast as possible.
I'm surprised setting a small audiobuffer doesn't help.  Another possibility
is turning audio input or output (or both) off.  MIDI is timed off audio
transfers, so if teh OS is using a large block size for audio, MITI timing
should suffer.

I'm going to work on this and see if I can improve it at all; I can probably
get the timing jitter down to 5msec or so but it'll never be real pro
quality until someone figures out how to use kernel-level time tagging on
MIDI output...

cheers
Miller