[PD] Freebsd port

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Mon May 14 15:32:50 CEST 2001

I read:
> I have ported PD to FreeBSD 4.3 (if you can call fixing a few compilation
> issues porting).  It runs quite well on my laptop, but I will make no
> garuntees that it will run on anything else.  There are some issues:

did anyone who has access to an osx box try to compile it there ?

> 1) Full-duplex does not work and locks up my system.  This is either a
>    problem with the soundcard driver or the OSS emulation.

did you succeed with any other app opening /dev/dsp rw ?
then you could give d13b's piperead~/write~ objects a try, though they
won't exactly lower the latency times ;), I'm currently using this to
run pd on a machine wo any soundhardware.

regards

chris at lo-res.org					We put the 'fun' in
http://pilot.fm/					fundamentalist !!!