[PD] MIDI question

Greg Rippin gmr222 at nyu.edu
Sat May 19 21:46:40 CEST 2001

Is there any way that you can select a specific MIDI port using PD?
Specifically, I'd like to get MIDI info from a sequencer (Cakewalk) into
PD (currently using MIDI Yoke, which creates virtual MIDI ports and
patch cables to allow MIDI to be passed internally between applications)
and echo it out to a synth.  If PD tries to send it out the same port
that it's recieving on, a feedback loop is created and the system
crashes.

I see in the documentation how to select a channel for a notein message,
but not the port.  Is this possible?  I'm using Win98 and PD .32 (I
think).

Tschuss,
Greg