[PD] still a newbie after all these years

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Sun May 20 00:16:56 CEST 2001

Hi

1. Besides numbers (floats) an object might accept lists, which can be any
combination of numbers and/or 'symbols' (eg. 'bang' or 'set' etc). There are
in addition of course, signal only inlets.
2. for abstractions (a subpatch saved as a file) reference it by typing its
name into an object without the '.pd' suffix or with the preceding 'pd'
identifier. Ie. your example should simply be "file" rather than "pd
file.pd". A 'one-off' subpatch (saved in its parent rather than to file) is
created when you type "pd name" into an object - when this is done, a new
window pops up in which you can add the contents of the patch.

see: http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/index.htm for examples and
more detail.

Cheers iain

Iain Mott