[PD] timer problem

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed May 23 12:40:01 CEST 2001

hi

the first inlet starts counting, the second one triggers the output ot the
time that has elapsed since counting was started.
therefore you have to make sure, that you trigger the second inlet before
the first one (so that you read out the elapsed time, before you reset it
to zero)
with good look you can do this they way you tried:
make a |bang( and a |timer| object.
FIRST connect the |bang( outlet with the SECOND inlet of the |timer|
THEN connect the |bang( outlet with the FIRST inlet of the |timer|
but this is VERY BAD STYLE (and maybe it will stop working sometimes in
the future. who knows ?)

the clean solution would be
=-----
|bang(
=-----

=------
|t b b|
=-----=
|     |
=-----=
|timer|
=------

=------------
|print delta|

the trigger-object ("t", "trigger") makes sure that its outlets are
triggered from right to left (outlet on the right hand comes first, the
leftest one will be the last)

everytime you must assure that messages are send in a special order, you
really HAVE to use the trigger-method (though you could might get it to
work, as i have shown above)

make fun
mfg.fsd.sad
IOhannes