[alsa-devel] Re: Speaking of Hammerfall....

Paul Davis pbd at op.net
Wed May 23 00:30:34 CEST 2001

>Does ALSA currently support the Hammerfall DSP PCMCIA card?
>
>Given that I went to a event where musicians were exclusively using
>Macintosh laptops this w/e I am curious about support for the above and
>how having ALSA on a laptop would be quite enticing to many electronic
>performers/musicians.

<boilerplate>

When the Hammerfall DSP becomes available, which it is not currently,
RME have told me that they will supply me with the information needed
to ensure ALSA support.

Please note that ALSA support will not include the graphical mixer
application that RME's website describes as if it were part of the
device driver under Windows. An application to provide similar
functionality will probably be written, but it will not be part of
ALSA, merely using ALSA.

</boilerplate>

--p

So there's hope,