[PD] framp~ -- a phase vocoder ?

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Wed Jun 6 20:58:02 CEST 2001

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Miller Puckette wrote:
> To resynthesize, I think you multiply the frequency by the hop size in seconds
> to get phase change; then update teh phase of the output by rotating by
> the phase change (complex-multiply by exp(i * phasechange))...  but I don't
> think I ever tested this idea out...

.. all coded in "C", right ? I couldn't find a way to do arbitrary changes
to the phasevocoder which is in the example patches, because the
frequency-amplitude representation is optimized away from the algorithm.

So I might give this one a try.

Then the next step would be to come up with a system that allows for
arbitrary changes on this frequency-amplitude representation, which is,
except for filtering, hard to implement without without externals.

Guenter