[PD] Switch~ and computation amount.

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Sun Jun 10 14:21:36 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have a large abstraction which still takes 20% of the cpu when turned off
with "switch~".
I was expecting that when an abstraction is turned off with switch~
its cpu usage become null.

Can this be reached ?

The documentation says that switch~ costs in itself a little amount of cpu.
My abstraction contains other switchable abstractions, so are the other switch~
objects responsible of the 20% cpu usage, even though they belong
to a top-abstraction wich is turned-off ?

Should I use throw~/catch~ instead of signal inlet~/outlet~ ? Will it have a
significative effect ?

Best regards,

Linium