[PD] Switch~ and computation amount.

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Sun Jun 10 20:48:52 CEST 2001

Le Sun, 10 Jun 2001, guenter geiger a écrit :
> Are you doing other, I mean "non-signal", calculations in the abstraction
> ?
> When a patch is switched off, the only thing it does is filling its
> signal outlets with zero values, and that should not take too much of the
> CPU time.
>
> Guenter

Actually my top level abstraction is a layer of a synthesizer I am working
on. The user can select one of 5 synthesis engines, each of them exists in 8,4
or 2 voices (selectable by switch~). And there are several filters too on the
same principle.

That makes a lot of non-signal objects (although there are no
intensive math calculations).

I didn't take them in account, that explains the cpu usage.

Thanks,

Linium