[PD] granular sampling and working with hi-res sound

Nick Fells nick at music.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 12:53:06 CEST 2001

Hi,

A couple of things:

1. my externals for granular sampling of an audio signal (grantab) are
now at: www.music.gla.ac.uk/nick/pd (compiled for Linux and WinNT).

2. I couldn't get sox (Lin) or CoolEditPro (Win) to recognise any of the
higher-res sample formats put out by Soundfiler (floating-point Next, or
24-bit integers). So, I send a 'write' message to the table I want and
use a little conversion program (ttof) to convert into fp binary (which
I can open as raw PCM). Nasty workaround, but ttof is at the above URL
also if anyone needs it.

If anyone has time to do an investigation of the high-res capability of
Soundfiler....

cheers,

Nick
--