[PD] real-time audio processing

Christoph GRONEGRESS C.Gronegress at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 13:20:12 CEST 2001

Hi,
I'm trying to get a real-time sound analysis (fft, some time-domain stuff,
maybe convolution if that works) from one or two microphone inputs working in
pd. Since I'm not a sound person, I am having problems with a number of
things, and was wondering if someone could help me with that.
I'm slightly confused about how pd handles files, because as it seems to me
there are several operators to load files, but I don't know which one's the
correct one for reading from a channel. Second, whenever I connect more than
two functions with each other they don't seem to work anymore, which is mainly
because I don't know what input/output they assume (and the help files don't
seem to know either), resulting mostly in errors.
Finally, I would like to send the results to a C program: is there anything
that allows me to do that other than writing things to a file, and opening it
from the 'main' program?
thanks
christoph