[PD] PD 0.33 test 6 works with alsa 0.9B3 but not 0.9B4

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 12 00:51:20 CEST 2001

So to summarize your and Winfried's messages, I can either get a newer
ALSA _OR_ upgrade to kernel 2.4.5.  I wonder what will happen if I do both...

As to the -alsa command line option being gone, try:
make clean
./configure --enable-alsa
make

(or --enable-old-alsa for 0.5x).

Pd uses only OSS midi; the "-alsa" flag affects only the audio code, not
the MIDI code.

cheers
Miller