[PD] video midi

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Fri Jun 15 21:35:18 CEST 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Michael Droettboom wrote:
> TECHNICAL DETAIL:
> My overall architecture is to pass video data as if they were very large
> blocks of audio data between objects.  My video_in_rgb object, for
> instance, outputs three data streams, one for red, green and blue.

All of this sounds great, I do have one question though.
Why did you choose to implement your own data processing concept, instead
of using the pix objects from gem ?

Image data is inherently different from audio data, therefore the gain you
have from being able to reuse the pd signal processing objects (which are
optimized for audio calculations) doesn't seem to be worth it.

Or put the other way, what was it that you didn't like about them
GEM way ?

Guenter